To support and empower the most disadvantaged children, women and men in India to meet their needs, access their legal rights and participate fully in society.
Our vision is of a world without prejudice, in which every human being has the opportunity to fulfill their potential, regardless of their background or beliefs.
HEARDS began to function as an ‘individual organisation’ in August’99, the Society has been serving the people of Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA with a wide variety of developmental programs, which aim at the ‘total development’ of the target population. The range of programmes extended by the Society are listed as follows:
- Rehabilitation Programme for child Laborers.
- Program on awareness of eradication of child labor.
- With this background we have ventured into non-formal education programme in 2001 through 5 Adult Literacy Centers in Chittoor District.
- Formation of youth and women self help groups to promote Income Generation Programmes.
- Non-Formal Education and Awareness Programme for the whole village population.
- Self-Employment Training Programs for women and youth groups in the target areas.
- Promotion of Child Development Programs through crèches.
- Economic Assistance Programs for the Education of Rural Children.
- Assistance for the promotion of Self-Employment, Self-Reliant activity.
- Vocational trade training for the deserving village women and the youth.
- Widow and stranded women rehabilitation programme.
- Health and Hygienic Awareness and Medical Assistance Programme.
- Community Based Rehabilitation Programme for the Disabled women and youth.
- Safe Drinking Water Programs.
- Drip Irrigation Program.
- Assistance for the rural youth to avail the Government Schemes.
With all the above mentioned programs being under successful and positive implementation, the Society is exploring into new areas of development, thereby widening its ‘helping hands’ to the easy reachability and accessibility of the most poor and the downtrodden people of the District. With the ‘learning and practical’ experience in the field, the Society has began to concentrate on specific developmental programs for various target groups, based on their ‘needs of the hour’, in addition to this, the developmental programs extended for the benefit of the entire target population.